23.7.12

Peacock Inspired Space - Mood Board Monday



Happy new week! On this MoodBoard Monday I am sharing my most recent mood board project. The brief (in brief) is as follows: Modern and traditional, warm but minimal, cozy but fresh, neutral colour base with green and gold as accents. The only piece of furniture the client already has for this space is a simple white dining set. 

I have to admit, when I heard gold and (forest) green, I thought ... oh no. These are not colours I would choose for myself and the combo seems a bit old fashioned. How could I make it modern and stylish...? So I started looking for inspiration, clicking here and there and then a lightbulb moment! The idea of a peacock feather entered my mind. So I started looking at different peacock feathers and quickly felt I had found the right inspiration. The rest came together easily enough after that. 

It's funny how the creative process works. It's different for every project. Sometimes the start of the vision is more concrete and other times it's more abstract - like a peacock feather. The feather kept me on track regarding colour and elegance so I decided to include it in the board :)

Wishing you all a great start to the week,
Xx. Holly.


ps. If you'd like help with your space, take a look at my online interior eDesign services and check out some of my previous projects


11 comments:

  1. Like it Holly !!!!!

    The warm brown and gold with the cold green and gray is making it very interesting....

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you work and love the description of your creative process. The real professional can be recognised by excellent outcomes even for styles he or she would never choose personally:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peacock feathers are beautiful aren't they? It takes me back to my childhood in the 70's, we had a whole bunch of them at home in a large vase on the fireplace, then they became old news and out of fashion. It's so nice to see them coming back and in cool innovative ways in furniture and wall coverings. A lovely board Holly x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Board Holly.
    Great Photoshop skills too.

    Nice you took us through your design thinking process xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Igor said it perfectly. In your profession, the true challenge is when you must design outside of your own tastes, yet create something that still makes you proud. I bet it felt so good to have that "Aha" moment, connecting with something (in this case, the peacock feather) that helped you feel inspired. Great job, Holly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks you guys :) It's always uncomfortable to step out of your comfort zone at first, but it gets easier and easier. I try to remember to appreciate those times because I think this really helps me grow professionally and creatively.

    Stay tuned for the next step ... images from a 3D model of the space coming soon ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go, Holly! I completely agree with Igor. It's one thing to be known for a design sense, but it's another level to be able to translate a sense of design into a preference that may not be particularly your own. It would be so awesome to see the finished space (if the client allowed it!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done! You obviously are super talented and creative. You really could get stumped when someone mentions forest green and gold! I love this mood board so much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you pulled this together with the peacock feather concept. I was just working on a mood board for a client that wasn't my typical style and that was testing. But always good to do :-) Well done! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for your comments people, you make me smile :) Xx.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Moodboard Monday! What a brilliant idea and so well put together!
    x

    ReplyDelete