5.9.12

Holly at Tendence 2012 (pt. 2/2)



So last week I shared some of my favourite sightings from a few special sections of the Tendence 2012 show. Today, I would like to share all the other stands and products that grabbed my attention. Some you may already know about, but hopefully you will make a few discoveries here too.

°      °      °

House of Rym

images courtesy of House Of Rym
I was so excited to see the House of Rym stand! I believe it was their first time exhibiting at Tendence and I had recently just discovered their website a few weeks prior. I had fallen right in love with the Foutas. Spotting them right away, hanging elegantly on the back wall, I asked if I could touch them, trying to hold back my excitement. A very lovely lady, whose name I later discovered was Rym (yes, one of the actual founders of House of Rym!) encouraged me to do so. They felt amazing! So if you are thinking of getting one, rest assured, the quality of these 100% cotton, hand woven Foutas is fabulous.  I was also completely charmed by the porcelain.

images courtesy of House Of Rym

House of Rym is "the place where ancient Tunisian handcrafts and contemporary Scandinavian design fall head over heels. 

In love." And my heart melts :) Find out more about House of Rym.

Lübech Living - The Oohh Collection

image courtesy of Lübech Living

The Oohh Collection by Lübech Living instantly stood out to me. Made mainly of recycled paper and other natural materials like sand and pure rubber latex, the Torn Edge Pots were my favourite items from the group. Simple and natural, these sweet pots come in relaxing muted hues. To the touch they feel soft and malleable, although they are actually quite hardwearing. I feel like plants who live in these pots are sure to be smiling. Visit Lübech Living to see more from this collection and the rest of their product range.

Side By Side

image courtesy of Side By Side

Side By Side was a nice discovery for me. The calm feeling of their stand, thanks to the minimal and natural appeal of their products, lured me right in. Their goal is to "produce high quality design products with one thing in mind, to make our lives beautifully different". I see this idea clearly reflected in my favourite products; the 1 for 8 Hanging Coat Rack and the Keep'Ot Tea Pot Warmer. Visit Side By Side to see more of their design products. If you see something you like, then hop over to their online shop.

Wärmebank (Warming Bench) by Raumgestalt

image courtesy of Raumgestalt
I liked the simple, metal, industrial look of this bench, but I wondered why it seemed to be the star product. It was right up front at Raumgestalt stand and lots of people were gathered around it. My curiosity was sparked. I soon discovered what made it so special. This bench could be warmed, without using any electricity ... just a few simple tea lights placed in a discrete compartment under the bench. I took a seat and it was really nice. I could imagine the cozy feeling this bench would provide for friendly  outdoor gatherings on cooler summer or autumn evenings, while enjoying a cup of tea using their wonderful Tea For Two set. Can you imagine it? Visit Raumgestalt to see more of their great products.

Shtox

images courtesy of Shtox

You couldn't just walk by the Shtox stand without stopping for at least a few moments. I stayed long enough to take this video and ask a few questions after. 


I was really captivated. The black backdrop, the floating, white-gloved hands, spinning these beautiful glasses!  Shtox is a collection of crystal tumblers that have a unique, super precise and specially designed bottom that allows them to spin with the simple flick of your wrist. I feel like some people may think it's just a gimmick. Why is it necessary for glasses to spin? To me, the presentation was so magical. We are often looking to enhance our lives with the appreciation of the simple beauty of little things, and I think Shtox glasses offer exactly that. Fun and delight in life's simple pleasures. Plus I'm always a fan of innovative ideas, and the design of these tumbler bottoms is completely unique. You can order them online or see the list of shops to find one near you.

Concrete Home Design (CHD)

images courtesy of CHD

It may not surprise you that I smiled when I saw all these products made from concrete. The light, the door stop and the candle holders were among my favourites. All the products at CHD are hand made in Germany by designer Clement Terreng. His passion for concrete was very obvious to me as I looked and touched all the items on display. If you love concrete like me, you may want to check out the rest of their products.

Cuckoo Clocks by Carl Grüttert

images courtesy of Carl Grüttert

My mom loves cuckoo clocks so I had to investigate further when I saw these. I really liked the contemporary designs most. It was surprising to see such a usually traditional object dressed in bright, funky colours. Of course they had the beautiful classic style cuckoos there too. The Carl Grüttert company has been making clocks since 1890 and they pride themselves on maintaining their traditional, quality, craftsmanship. I feel like their funky line of cuckoo clocks bring those values right into our modern times. Visit their website and check out the shop to learn more. If you are fascinated by cuckoo clocks, have a look at this video where Carl Grüttert gives us a glimpse into their inner structures.



Pleased To Meet

images courtesy of Pleased To Meet

Pleased To Meet was highly recommended by some lovely bloggers I met at the show. So off I went to find their stand and boy, was I delighted that I did. Journals, cards, tags, wrapping paper and prints boasting the sweetest designs ever. I was won over with just on glance. "It is a love for mid century design and the drawing on childhood memories that serve as continuous inspirations for an ever evolving collection", say the founding German couple of Pleased To Meet. You can order their products right from the website, and they ship worldwide.

Pimentos

images courtesy of Pimentos

Last but not least, Pimentos was another new discovery for me. Actually, what they offer is really not the type of thing I would seek out or even be that interested in, but these products were pulling me in. There was something special, honest about them. So I touched them and looked at them and the more I did, the more mesmerised and enchanted I became. I learned that Pimentos was started by a lady in Austria, Karin Wohlschlager, who has a knack for crafts and sewing. After her children were all grown up, she immersed herself more into her hobby. When other people saw her creations, they asked if she could make them something too. One thing led to another and before she knew it, in 2011, she had enough reason to start Pimentos - a place to offer her talent, passion and creative designs to everyone. Now Pimentos is enthusiastically run by Karin and her husband Wilhelm. All their products are hand made and therefore each one unique, using only the highest quality natural materials.  I feel that something really remarkable radiates from these products and this company - the love, the passion, the talent ... I don't know. But either way Pimentos left a lasting impression.

°      °      °

That's all folks. I hope you liked some of the things I shared here from the Tendence show.

Until next time!
Xx. Holly















9 comments:

  1. Oh I love the Hamam inspired textiles so much. I always fall for nice textiles!!! Beautiful roundup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You certainly covered a lot of ground. There is something here for everyone!! I love your reviews and this here is another great one!

    I always think that I might not share the same taste as you but then get surprised to see we do like similar things.

    I LOVE House of Rym for all the reasons you stated. Tunisia meets Scandinavia. What an interesting combo. Those Foutas are gorgeous and their cups to die for. I will definitely want to buy from them.

    Just after Christmas I was researching Teapot warmers and came across Side by Side. I opted for a colourful and luscious one but appreciate their design.

    That bench is amazing. What a great outdoor piece of furniture.

    The clocks are indeed cuckoo and I appreciate their charm,

    In fact all products have something interesting and that's why I love Ambiente and Tendence. One always comes away feeling one has seen something new and lots of quality.

    Thank you so much for walking your butt off to bring us such a great review.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there Holly dear :)

    ... as soon as I saw what a detailed post you've put together, I paused for a while, prepared some light Greek coffee, brought a small bunch of the freshly baked biscoti & sat back to enjoy the post. Thank you so much for it!

    I'm absolutely in love with "fine little day"'s porcelain, ever since I stumbled upon it a couple of weeks ago. Had slightly forgotten about it, but thanks to you it is flashing again on my wish list. It's great to see it as part of House of Rym collection (what a delightful website they have!)
    I'm also loving the Foutas. Must have been great touching them!

    As for your other choices, the tea post from Side by side is another favorite.

    Finally, Pleased to meet you Stationary are so incredibly lovely! Thanks to you (again), I'm reminded to organise myself and finally reply to the mails sent to my blog's account while it has been ever so quiet lately. {In case the nice owners are reading this comment, my apologies for what will be a super belated reply on my behalf}

    Now off to explore the Oohh Colleciton by Lübech living. Looks so promising!

    Wishing you a lovely evening! It seems as if there's going to be a second baking session soon ;) Promise to bring some over, provided they turn out successful & tasty :P

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm spying some of those House Of Rym textiles for my little home. So cosy! Part 2 of another fantastic review and round up, thank you, Holly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Holly, you covered a lot of ground. The foutas and ceramics from The House of Rym are so beautiful; I love the patterns. As a huge stationery lover, I really appreciate the work of Pleased to Meet for their graphic illustrations and choice of colors. You highlighted some great companies, Holly. Thank you!
    PS~I now believe I need a cuckoo clock in my home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. House of Rym is my new favourite! Pleased to Meet is also pretty fantastic. Looks like a great show! thanks for sharing all your finds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Holly. The House of Rym cups are rather lovely. Your review is great and certainly informative. I'm afraid though that Tendence and I would not be a match made in heaven. I'm questioning why and I think it perhaps isn't polished enough for me. There's too much quirky and not enough depth of style. But that is just me (and you know I have to say what I think).

    Thanks again for the insight :-) Gxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great one stop post for new innovative design! I'm especially taken with the ceramics from House of Rym.

    Lovely to have you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tahnk you so much, I havn't seen it yet!
    Hana & Clément from ConcreteHomeDesign

    ReplyDelete