10.8.12

For the Love of Stairs



in the Even Yehuda House by Sharon Neuman Architects
in the Rozelle Terrace House by Carter Williamson Architects

in House G by Maxwan, photo by Filip Dujardin

in the Pistons apartment by MAAJ Architectes

in 'a heavenly home' featured in Bolig Magasinet

in the Tusculum Residence by Smart Design Studio

photo by Heidi Lerkenfeldt via RUM

in the House on a Hill by F2 Architecture, photo by Derek Swalwell

in an apartment in Gothenburg via Freshome

in a London home via Knight Frank

in House C by Francesco Librizzi Studio, photo by Giovanna Silva 

in Home Besares by Arquinoma Studio, photo by Pablo Betancourt

in the Casa Red by Dep Studio

original source unknown - found at Oh, Pioneer!

I love stairs. They can be such striking architectural features and they can exist in so many interesting forms. I can't decide if I love spiral stairs more than I love floating stairs. It's too hard to choose, but those are definitely my favourites. Above are a few staircase images I've collected, for your inspiration (and mine!).

Another thing I love about stairs is that essentially, they get you places.  Here's wishing that we all get to where we want to go - each in our own, most beneficial way.

Have a great weekend,
Xx. Holly.

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful collection Holly. Must say I do love stairs too. I especially love floating stairs. That first image is beautiful. Have to say that some of those stairs do look a bit scary... especially if I've had a wee glass of red ;-)

    Your sentiment is lovely... here is wishing we all get to where we want to go! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great selection of stairs!!!! They can so make a statement or be an eye sore!

    Haha, to Gerard's comments about the scary ones after a galss of wine;) I agree but beauty before...... Better stop here!!! Zxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, what a great post, Holly. These images of stairs that you've collected are really cool. I love them all and, like you, I cannot pick a favorite. My only requirement for stair style is absolutely no carpet. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! I LOVE the stairs in the top photo. Unfortunately, I have a phobia that my feet will fall through through the cracks and I'll plunge down to my death. In kindergarten, I used to tiptoe on the wood in the playpens because I thought I'd die, ha. I need to get rid of the fear so maybe one day I can enjoy a gorgeous climb to another floor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello my dear,

    same here concerning types of stairs. I also love both floating and spiral ones while the fact that they do indeed get us to places fascinates me, too ; )

    You' ve done a wonderful selection, with the 1st and 3rd picture featuring designs very dear to me.

    Also these classic spiral ones around that fireplace in what must be a breathtaking place overall... simply magical!

    And yes to us all getting to the best places for us as we may be, both externally and internally!
    Thank you for the nice wishes & all the same to you!

    Warm wishes my friend,
    Iro :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey all. Thanks for your lovely comments. Glad to know we all love stairs :)

    ReplyDelete